Ninja!

Disclaimer:

Like 'The Davinci code' everything you read here is completely true

Friday, April 27, 2007

This is my rant...

The student loans 'support number' are useless and frustrating!!!!. now that I've go that bit of anger and frustration out of the way. Here is the tale...

So I'm sitting at home innocently plotting your imminent doom...(just kidding) when the phone rings. Being that the phone has already wrung once, I think to my self 'hey I'm popular today' I pick up the phone and say 'hello' and that is when the reason for my rant begins. On the other end of the line is not my friend Vicky berg (who i thought might call) or my job telling me they wanted me to come in for more hours (which also crossed my mind) nor was it my final consideration of my friend christy wimber who arrived in Canada today.
It was a recorded message from the Canada student loans operating centre. It says ' This is an important message for Luke ducharme (which they pronounced wrong by the way) press one if you are this person. I press one and am immediately placed on hold listening to possibly some of the worst music ever recorded. This 'music' is interrupted frequently by a recorded voice saying ' thank you for calling, all of our operators are currently busy please stay on the line' That wasn't exactly what they were saying but I was distracted by the fact that they had called me and now I was on hold which didn't make sense. Finally after about five minutes of wondering what this call was about someone picks up. I should mention at this point that mere hours prior to this experience i had filled out the appropriate paper work and planned to send it away. (granted it was a few days late, but i didn't know that at the time) This person, who I'm convinced barely spoke English, Said ' thank you for calling...how may I help you? the three dots are because again i was distracted by the fact that they had called me and i couldn't understand much of what he said because of his accent. This is where it gets really frustrating. HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!. I said. 'Um I got a call from you guys I don't know what this is about'....silence...a 'hello?' from me... then 'the call you made cannot be completed as dialed please check the number or dial 411 for assistance.' followed by the sound the phone makes when its been off the hook for too long...it was a frustrating experience so I decided to rant about it for a bit. Hope you enjoyed my story and may your experience with student loans be better than mine...
-luKe

No comments: