Ninja!

Disclaimer:

Like 'The Davinci code' everything you read here is completely true

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

hair growing faster?

Staff Training is officially over. The first guest group came yesterday.
Today (may 5th) I officially got my first aid. The means two things to me. One i get paid more if i ever work a by the hour job again
and two I am now obligated (even more so than before) to help if someone is hurt. I hope I never have to use it
This post has been a fairly long time coming i apologize for my tardiness but its a heavy topic and I've been busy....

and now...
This one goes out to the one I love...

Rarely a day goes by that I don't think about it
what do do I wonder... if anything?
what would the response be ?
a first aid certificate does nothing when dealing with a broken heart!

My friends Ken and Rachel had there baby recently and I have spent some time holding him. Its strange to look into a mouth that has no teeth..its like a gaping black hole. Apparently holding a baby in a mall is a chick magnet, but ken wont let me borrow his child.

I used the word love earlier. I'm not sure if its the right word. I do 'have feelings for' a girl but is it love. What steps it up from a boyish crush to love?
time? the fact that one can't stop thinking about the other person? Does god have something to do with it?
I have heard before that love is truly wanting whats best for the other person.

Ken says that a boyish crush is a surreal fantasy where the relationship only exists in your mind.
Vicky says that between 'boyish crush' and 'love' there lies a stage of 'obsession'! where the person never leaves your head. Also love is something you can let go of.
there's a song i know that states 'my watch is always set to you time and my shoes are always ready and tied. My heart points north longing for without you im an ice cube melting'
one friend of mine got goosebumps when I quoted the lyrics which then prompted her to say
'I want to be somebody' north'
...those of us around thought it was a great quote and thus it was quoted on here...any ways there so much more I could say but this is good enough (for the girls I go out with)
this is an open ended post where you people get to throw out your thoughts and love stories
after all every one (except Byron) has a story about a girl from camp ...
or if your a girl you can have a story about some boy...
well this post has been a long time coming
just so you know I'm working at letting go ...its harder than it sounds (and it didn't sound to easy) but i think its working ...soon the world will be mine all mine mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
-luKe

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Aw Luke I'm sorry to sound very much like a girl (because I am) but that's really sweet. I'm definitely no expert, but I think time can be the "thing" that maybe makes it more love and less crush. I once heard love compared to a garden. You have to care for it and nurture it, give it time to grow. That's my deep thought for today. And I wanna see the new baby!! I'll be there soon enough, hold the blind jokes till then.

--In my prayers!--

Kayla said...

And being someone's north is a genius way of putting it. Cheers to the super supreme superb spring staff member who thought of it! Sorry I commented twice. Wanted to add that.

Anonymous said...

I loved your post!
The quote of being someone's north reminded me of the following poem written in the late 1500's by John Donne...I didn't include the whole thing but i thought these lines would be cool to compare. it's one of my favorite love poems. it's about a man telling his wife not to mourn his leaving because they are so utterly together that distance could not touch their connection.
I think that ultimately love is when you can truly know that no matter what sort of weird habits you have, silly vices, or embarrassing situations that arise that this is the person who would help you out and be on your side no matter what.
A crush is when if you said the wrong thing or threw up on them they would never call you again. You know it's love when they laugh or clean you up and put you to bed.
Then make embarrassing jokes about it that only the two of you get...um this is not anything that has ever happened to me....
i'm sorry i am taking up to much space here...
Courtney von T (the courtney who misses her punning friend at LD)
here's part of the poem:

A VALEDICTION FORBIDDING MOURNING.
by John Donne

Our two souls therefore, which are one,
Though I must go, endure not yet
A breach, but an expansion,
Like gold to aery thinness beat.

If they be two, they are two so
As stiff twin compasses are two ;
Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
To move, but doth, if th' other do.

Unknown said...

Luke,

i had a thing...i'm going to call it a thing because it was definetely more than a crush to me at the time...

ahem.

i had a thing with a boy at camp back during my first year at camp (it was a year that did not contain a 2). we wrote poetry to one another, snuck off during special p, held hands during MI, and comforted each other when times were rough (and there were serious "life" tough moments). he attended trinity and i, by God's work, ended up at trinity too.

you know what happened.

he did not talk to me for the first 5 months of that school year. and ended up dating another girl from the rugby by Oct. 1 and i ended up being extremely good friends with his sister.

here's to ... things.
cort

Anonymous said...

camp chicks are great man. snag one for me if you can. seriously though, i'd tend to agree with Vicky but not to the point of obsession, but preoccupation for sure. That's really more infactuation than anything, and love is a lot more stable. Just make sure she doesn't get you t-boned by a nurse and you'll be good.


- josh