Ninja!

Disclaimer:

Like 'The Davinci code' everything you read here is completely true

Sunday, June 10, 2007

and thats how you live with a curse...

My computer has been broken. When i turn it on, all that comes up is green lines. It's frustrating. Actually i havnt had the time to be frustrated. I have been working every day since may 26th. except for yesterday and weddings arn't as restful as one would like. Now I'm heading in to 2 days off. No groups on site. In fact every one has the day off and most people have taken the oppurtunity to go away. Having no where to go and no way to get there i'll be here sleeping and such.



Days of rest are important. I plan to spend the days ahead resting by sleeping, spending time with God and maybe watching some movies.



Some day I will post some of my pictures that I have been taking. Pictures of mustache monday, trips to calgary, and other exciting events. Speaking of exciting events...corner stone is only weeks away and while I feel ridicously unprepared I'm more excited than a kid in a candy store ....

For those of you that care I decided not to preach. The main reasons being my lack of time in be tween then and now. Your all thinking. You have to days ahead of you with no groups in ...do it then slacker!!!

Preparing a sermon is not a restful activity ..at least not for me. Some pastors and such may find it enjoyable perhaprs even relaxing to prepare and present thoughts from Gods word. Me I find it exhausting. The preperation takes days, if not weeks, and the presentation is physically emotionally, spiritualy, and mentally draining. So much so that the next two days or so I take to recover. If I were to prepare a sermon it would effectivly eliminate at least one of my days off. also I find it difficult to do restful activities if something like that is hanging over my head. Example I found it near impossible to read novels (a rest full activity for some) at school for i had eighty billion papaers to write and text books to read.

But back to the day of rest. for this is what I have been thinking about.

'You shall remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.'

The principle is to take one day a week and rest. Spend time doing restful activities and remembering who God is and what he has done for you...

Ther people in jesus' day were forced to rest one day of the week. The had rules of what they could and could not do. They could only walk so far before it was considered work.

I would probably be punished for I did dishes this morning. and I'm updating my blog...



The important thnig is to do things that you consider restful so that you are not tired out and there fore dont wear every one else out. ...

now go take a day off all you hard working peple out there...you know who you are...

-luKe





1 comment:

Kayla said...

Luke, you're always amazing and insightful. And although you say it's hard to write a sermon, (and I'm definitely not here to say it's easy, because when I had to do my speech on Wisdom it took days) I enjoy how you had almost like a mini-sermon about the Sabbath day at the end. Or I'm just entirely wrong and have no idea what a sermon consists of. Either way... hope you had a great rest!