Ninja!

Disclaimer:

Like 'The Davinci code' everything you read here is completely true

Sunday, September 16, 2007

memories

This is a poem I wrote after camp was over, it was written over the coarse of a week or two. I kept adding to it cause I remembered different things.
I'll probably keep remembering things to put in the poem long after its published or posted in this case

If any one knows what I'm talking about when I say some of these things let me know

I Remember...

I remember staying up late
I remember mistakes
will I ever learn to see my failures as gains?
I can remember my aches and pains
I remember doing wrong...
I remember listening to my favourite song

I remember
laughter and tears
love and hate
fear and freedom
God and how to get out of a large cardboard box
frustration and friends
peace and war
confusion and understanding

I remember writing down memories
and things I was learning
I think of times where I felt close to God
It helps to know that I am loved

I laugh at many jokes, but can never forget when I was close to tears
I remember fire as a reoccurring theme

I look back at my anger and then my sadness
I try not to dwell on the tears in the past
but to remember the times when I smiled, laughed
and felt I was truly where I belong
I remember feeling wanted and loved.

I remember singing off key and not remembering the words
I think about true worship and not caring what others were doing or thinking

I remember conversations about life
I remember love for God

I remember early mornings and long days
I remember having fun all the day long

I remember seeing people in pain
I remember wanting to but being unable to do anything

I remember teaching and learning at the same time
using what I learned to teach others

I remember swearing never again
then I remember doing what I swore not to do

I remember swearing
I remember being frustrated
I also remember being able to talk to people

I remember I hurt people
and people hurt me
sometimes unintentionally
and others intentionally

I remember reminiscing
I thought I was in love

I remember my view of people changing
I would no longer look at them as though they never screw up

I remember realizing that not every one sees life as I do
I remember thinking about how people viewed me
I remember what I wanted to be viewed as

I remember seeing peoples hearts
I rember wanting their love
I remember getting small glimpses of the love God has for usI remember people telling me they would rather hurt
than to see other people in pain

What are the memories I'm missing?
Why do I remember differently than my friends? or my enemies?
Where are all the missing memories gone to?

He is the one who holds them all
He remembers my wrongs no more

He rejoices when I right my life
He sings love over me
He brings back my memory of Him

-luKe edwaRd DuchArme

When I remember...
A cloud moves in,
rain falls,
thunder strikes,
and sunshine breaks through the clouds
-BlindSide

3 comments:

vicky said...

i like it.
it makes me remember ice cubes melting
watches
shoe laces
and a whole lot of laughter

Jules said...

It makes me remember a certain large poster in the dining hall during staff training. A certain large poster with pink writing and pink in every picture.

Anonymous said...

It makes me think of Those Nights by Skillet, which in turn make me remember the good times with you at camp.